2015/2016 Program Scheduling Information
- Reservations are required.
- Minimum class size of 15 students is required.
- Maximum daily program capacity varies.
- Teacher must accompany his/her class.
- Depending on class size, additional adult chaperone may be needed. Chaperones should make other arrangements for younger siblings.
- Programs are offered daily (rain or shine).
- Late arrival may reduce program time.
- Groups may bring sack lunches and eat onsite but must notify the registration office.
- Groups may also coordinate the purchase of lunch through Chick-Fil-A with the registration office.
- There is no charge for teachers or staff accompanying students on field studies with a valid school ID.
- Depending on the program, instructional times vary but most onsite programs involve two hours of instruction and can be customized to fit the school’s needs.
- For an additional charge, schools may add a Treetop Quest experience to their program.
2015/2016 Field Study Program Fees
- Preschool Field Study Programs – $8 per student/chaperone
- Elementary School Field Study Programs – $8 per student/chaperone
- Middle School Field Study Programs – $8 per student/chaperone
- High School Field Study Programs – $8 per student/chaperone
- High School AP lab programs -$9 per student/chaperone
Outreach programming includes one hour of instruction and can be customized to fit the school’s needs.
The cost of a science or Discovery Dome outreach program is $9 per student for 30 to 89 students. Science programs can be scheduled for less than 30 students for $270. For groups of 90 students or more, the rate is discounted to $6 per student. Additionally, travel charges may apply to out of county locations.
The cost of a history outreach program is $6 per student for 30 to 89 students. History programs can be scheduled for classes of less than 30 students for $180. For groups of 90 students or more, the rate is discounted to $4 per student. Additionally, travel charges may apply to out of county locations.
Science Night Outreach Program Pricing
Are you looking to spice up your school’s Science Night? An EHC educator will bring the Discovery Dome Theater to your school and set it up for multiple, short viewings during the evening! Kids and parents alike will enjoy the visual encounters with space! Science night shows are typically 20 minutes each.
The cost of an EHC Discovery Dome Science Night Program is $450 for a two (2) hour program. (If the program exceeds two (2) hours, a $75 fee for each additional 30 minutes may apply.) Travel charges may apply to out of county locations. Current EHC STEM partners receive a discounted flat rate of $275 for the use of the Discovery Dome at a Science Night program.
Out of County Travel Charges
- $20 out of county travel fee for programs within 10 miles of the EHC.
- $30 out of county travel fee for programs within 11-20 miles of the HC.
- $40 out of county travel fee for programs within 21-30 miles of the EHC.
- $50 out of county travel fee for programs within 31-40 miles of the EHC
For registration questions, please email registration@gwinnettEHC.org or call Katy Molinari at 678.765.4680.