Who do I speak with about booking my event?
All events need to be booked with the Gwinnett Environmental and Heritage Center’s Event Coordinator Lisa Howell. She can be reached via email at email@example.com or by phone at 678.765.4664. Tours are by appointment only.
Does the GEHC offer in-house coordination for business meetings?
Yes, the GEHC can help with event logistics for your next business meeting. Please speak with GEHC Event Coordinator, Lisa Howell, for information.
What is included in the facility rental fee?
All rentals include set-up and break-down of our rented furnishings, use of prep catering kitchen*, and complimentary parking.
* The catering kitchen has an ice machine, refrigerator, freezer, and microwave.
Are there hotels nearby for out of town guests?
Yes, the venue is conveniently situated just minutes from GA-Highway 316, I-85, Briscoe Field, and under an hour from downtown Atlanta and Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. Please check our Resource Guide for some great hotel options.
What types of tables and chairs are available to rent?
Organizers can chose from 8 x 30 banquet tables, 37 x 37 card tables, and metal folding chairs.
What decorations are allowed?
GEHC is committed to protecting all the historic structures and artifacts onsite, therefore, the renter agrees to the following decorating policies and is responsible for providing this information to all of their vendors:
- Smoking – Smoking is not allowed anywhere.
- Authorized Areas – The Renter and invited guests are only allowed in those areas identified in the rental contract. Children must be supervised at all times.
- Dancing – Dancing is not permitted due to the age of the floors.
- Fire codes- Fire and safety codes prohibit placing furniture, equipment, personal belongings or other paraphernalia on the staircase at any time. Fire and safety codes prohibit more than 100 persons in the building at one time.
- Food and Beverages – Food and beverages are not allowed in areas other than those identified in the rental contract.
- Décor and Layouts –
- Only dripless candles are allowed for a Wedding Ceremony and must be extinguished immediately following the ceremony. Candles used for decorating must be contained in hurricane globes votive holders, or masonry jars.
- Throwing of birdseed, rice, flower petals, confetti, wishing lanterns, fog machines, bubbles (inside only), and sparklers are prohibited. GEHC reserves the right to refuse design layouts, decorations, and props.
- The piano may not be moved OR used under any circumstances.
- Nails, putty substances, tape, thumbtacks, staples, etc., are not to be used on walls, floors, banisters, window and doorframes, or columns. Any plants/flowers brought inside the building must be clean and free of pests. No artificial platforms, flooring or carpentry works are allowed inside the buildings.
- Renter agrees to leave the thermostat at 70 degrees.
- Music – Renter states that he or she will obtain, prior to the date of performance of this Agreement, all necessary licenses, performance rights, permissions and authorities necessary for the use of all copy, music, lyrics, film, graphic images, registered logos, names and trademarks used by the Renter and agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the County, its agents, officers and employees, against all claims, demands, litigation, attorneys’ fees and other damages arising out of the unauthorized use of the same.
- Wedding Rehearsals – Wedding rehearsals are not included in the standard rental rate but may be added for an additional fee based on the GEHC event calendar.
- Deliveries – Pre-event deliveries will not be accepted without prior approval and scheduling by the GEHC Event Coordinator. GEHC is not responsible for damaged and/or lost deliveries.
What is your catering policy?
You are welcome to use any caterer you like, and we can provide you with a Resource Guide if you are interested.
What do I need to do to reserve my date?
You have to sign a Rental Contract with the GEHC. At the time you sign the contract the following is required:
- The full security and damage deposit.
- 50% of the Total Rental Fee. The remaining balance is due at your layout meeting
What types of payment options are available?
We accept cash, check, debit cards, Visa, Discover, and MasterCard.
Is dancing permitted inside the Lawrenceville Female Seminary?
Dancing is not permitted due to the age of the floors.
Are we permitted to have a DJ or pa system as part of our rental?
Organizers are more than welcome to have a DJ onsite to provide music and/or a portable pa system, however, due to the venue being in a residential and commercial area outdoor music and amplification devices must end at 10:00 p.m.